Cannot Open Address Book,
Mike E
2004-01-09 23:28:27 UTC
Hi there,

Can someone please consider this question, it's on friends' Win98 SE system,
using AOL. I looked for other forums - my ISP doesn't get them for AOL.

I just tuned-up the system, ran virus scans etc including scandisk, Adaware,
and Spybot. Now at the start of AOL there is an error saying "Cannot Open
Address Book". I tried restoring an earlier registry which didn't help.
The dialup didn't work until I put in an upgrade from 8.0 to 9.0.
Regardless, this AOL address-book thingy keeps plunking its error box, and
will not allow a new entry to be put in either.

Would someone have any clue on this? Thanks. Mike E.
LT
2004-01-10 13:06:19 UTC
Post by Mike E
Hi there,
Can someone please consider this question, it's on friends' Win98 SE system,
using AOL. I looked for other forums - my ISP doesn't get them for AOL.
I just tuned-up the system, ran virus scans etc including scandisk, Adaware,
and Spybot. Now at the start of AOL there is an error saying "Cannot Open
Address Book". I tried restoring an earlier registry which didn't help.
The dialup didn't work until I put in an upgrade from 8.0 to 9.0.
Regardless, this AOL address-book thingy keeps plunking its error box, and
will not allow a new entry to be put in either.
Would someone have any clue on this? Thanks. Mike E.
Yes the AOL support team can assist and they have a free phone number.
Jud
Mike E